Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Me, A Freak?

I'm a big fan of corn on the cob. It's another trait I've picked up from my father, who will routinely eat 3 ears in a sitting. Next time I eat with him, I'll have to remember to look at how he eats his...

Why? Because my friends have noticed how I eat mine, and they think I'm a little bit of a freak for it.



Apparently there's something strange about the ear being this clean. The weirdest part is that this is totally out of character for me; I mean, I'm clean, but not anal retentive!

I think I learned this trick when I had braces; only my bottom teeth were in a metal hell, so my uppers learned to scrape off each row of kernals without producing too much fibrous wreckage. Since then, I've kept up the habit for a different reason... good corn can be hard to come by, and I don't want to waste any of it!

Does anyone else eat their corn like this?

No comments:

Post a Comment